Table of Contents
Last Revised May 6, 2020:
Information We Collect
Use of Personal Information
We Do Not Sell Personal Information
Cookies and Gifs
Agreement to terms
BY USING OUR WEBSITE, YOU ARE ACCEPTING THE PRACTICES SET FORTH IN THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT AND OUR COOKIES POLICY.
This Privacy Statement applies to Foresight. The terms “Foresight,” “we,” “us,” or “our” mean Foresight Group, Inc., a Delaware Corporation, as well as its legal subsidiaries including, Insurtech Inc., which does business as Foresight Risk and Insurance Services and Safesite Solutions, Inc. The terms “you” and “user” shall mean you, users of our Services, and any entity or organization you or such users shall represent. The term “Services” means, collectively, various websites, applications, widgets, information, email notifications and other mediums, or portions of such mediums, through which you have accessed this Privacy Statement.
Categories of information we collect
Foresight collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“Personal Information”). In particular, Foresight may have collected the following categories of Personal Information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
- Identifiers, such as real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, social security number, or other similar identifiers
- The California Customer Records statutes’ Personal Information categories, which include the identifiers listed above and a person’s signature, state identification card number, physical characteristics or description, insurance policy number, education, employment or employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, or medical information or health insurance information
- Commercial information, including records of personal property and purchasing habits
- Professional or employment-related information
- Biometric information, including genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics or activity patterns from which organizations can extract a template or other identifier or identifying information
- Internet or other similar network activity
- Inferences drawn from other Personal Information to create consumer profiles
- Geolocation data
- Characteristics of protected classifications under state or federal law, like race, national origin, religion, gender, or sexual orientation
Personal Information collected does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information
- Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data
- Personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) and California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA).
Foresight may obtain the categories of Personal Information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our website, specifically, and on the internet, generally
- Third-party data vendors
Use of personal information
We may use or disclose the Personal Information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- For conducting the business of insurance, including policy and/or claims activities
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that Personal Information to respond to your inquiry
- To personalize your experience
- To improve our website
- To improve customer service
- To improve marketing content
- To send periodic e-mails or other electronic communications
- To inform you of our products and services
- To help develop new and improved products and services
- To send standard mail when a mailing address is submitted by you
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
Foresight will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the Personal Information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you with notice.
Sharing personal information
Foresight may disclose your Personal Information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose Personal Information for a business purpose, we enter into an agreement that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to keep that Personal Information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the agreement.
We may share your Personal Information with the following categories of third parties:
- Insurance agents
- Service providers
- Regulatory agencies and bureaus
Disclosures of personal information for a business purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Foresight may have disclosed the following categories of Personal Information for a business purpose:
- Identifiers, such as real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, social security number, or other similar identifiers;
- The California Customer Records statues’ personal information categories, which include the identifiers listed above and a person’s signature, state identification card number, physical characteristics or description, insurance policy number, education, employment or employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, or medical information or health insurance information;
- Commercial information, including records of personal property and purchasing habits;
- Professional or employment-related information;
- Biometric information, including genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics or activity patterns from which organizations can extract a template or other identifier or identifying information;
- Internet or other similar network activity;
- Inferences drawn from other Personal Information to create consume profiles;
- Geolocation data; and
- Characteristics of protected classifications under state or federal law, like race, national origin, religion, gender, or sexual orientation.
Sale of personal information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Foresight has not sold Personal Information.
Your rights and choices
Depending on your state of residence, you may have specific rights regarding your Personal Information:
Access to specific information and data portability
You have the right to request, in accordance with applicable law, that Foresight disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once we receive a verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that Personal Information
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you (also called a data portability request)
- If we disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained
You may request, in accordance with applicable law, that Foresight delete the Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive a verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies in support of our business need to retain some or all of your Personal Information.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.)
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it
Access, data portability, and deletion requests
To access, seek data portability, or request that we delete your Personal Information, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at 800-965-3012
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response timing and format
We will make every effort to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your verifiable consumer request. The response we provide will also explain the reason(s) we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your Personal Information that is readily useable to allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Personal information sales opt-out and opt-in
Foresight does not sell Personal Information.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your privacy rights. We will not:
- Deny you goods or services
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services
How we protect information
We have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. The Personal Information we collect about you is stored in limited access servers. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to maintain safeguards to protect the security of these servers and your Personal Information. No method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. All supplied payment information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway provider(s)’s database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems and who are required to keep the information confidential.
Cookies and gifs
Additionally, be aware that if you visit other websites you may be required to accept cookies. Our business partners may also use their own cookies on our website. We do not control use of these cookies and expressly disclaim responsibility for information collected through them. The cookies track link-in and link-out traffic to better understand how other websites may be linking to, or referencing the website. We may also track page hits within our website. We collect and share this information only in aggregated, non-personally identifiable format. For example, we may track how many users viewed a particular product page during a given month.
Clear Gifs (Web Beacons/Web Bugs/Pixel Tags). Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are placed on a user’s hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on webpages. We may use clear gifs to track information for statistical purposes to improve the services we provide. Our use of clear gifs will not enable third parties to access any of your personally identifiable information. Additionally, be aware that advertisers and partners may also use their own clear gifs. We do not control use of these and expressly disclaim responsibility for information collected through them.
Do not track
Some browsers have a “do not track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. Foresight does not respond to browser “do not track” signals.
This website is not intended for use by users located outside of the United States.
Changes to our privacy statement
Foresight reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this Privacy Statement, we will post the updated statement on the website and update the statement’s effective date. Your continued use of our website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement, the ways in which Foresight collects and uses your information, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Foresight Group, Inc.
Attn: Privacy Compliance
785 Market Street, Suite 600
San Francisco, CA 94103